1. Mysophobia: Fear of being contaminated with dirt or germs . My children definitely do not have this one, quite the opposite. See below.
2. Ablutophobia: Fear of washing, bathing, or cleaning. Who knew?
3. Brontophobia: Fear of thunder and lightning. I can't imagine. It's one of my favorite things.
4. Coprophobia: Fear abhorrence of feces and fecal matter.Children could either make ya or break ya on this one.
5. Emetophobia: Fear of vomiting. Understandable.
6. Necrophobia: Fear of death or dead things. Again, not one my kids are familiar with.
7. Kakorrhaphiophobia: Fear of failure or defeat. I think many of us are afflicted by this one.
8. Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: Fear of long words. Come on! Who has this??
9. Nephophobia: Fear of clouds. I don't really get this one.
10. Phagophobia: Fear of being Eaten. Huh?
11. Gephyrophobia: Fear of crossing bridges. I used to be terrified of bridges as a little girl. They still freak me out a little.
12. Agoraphobia: Fear of open spaces, leaving a safe place, or crowded public places. I did a search for tunnel phobia and found that it would be classified under this or claustrophobia. Tunnels kind of freak me out too. I hate those movies where people are trapped in the big tunnels.
13. Philophobia: Fear of faling in Love.
Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants