Thirteen Ways I Love Blue Cheese
1. On a salad. Any salad.
2. Filet Mignon with blue cheese sauce . . . yuuummmm
3. I love a homemade pizza with basil or sun dried tomato pesto mixed with red sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni and then the blue cheese; baked until the cheese starts to turn a little brown.
4. There is a divine recipe for Blue Cheese Potato Salad that I could eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner (I reduce the amount of oil). It's also great if you saute the potatoes with sweet onions in olive oil (or bacon grease: )and serve warm. It's even better the next day warmed up again.
5. A burger with both creamy and crumbled blue cheese and crisp bacon on top is to die for.
6. Blue Cheese Burgers where the goodness in mixed inside is equally delightful.
7. I add blue cheese to this Cheesy Potato recipe, even though it's not called for. I don't put the chips on top though.
8. I add it to Buffalo Chicken Dip. I also add more hot sauce.
9. Grilled Pesto Marinated Flank Steak with Blue Cheese Fondue. I made this for a party once using filet instead of flank steak and it was decadent.
Less refined ways I've been know to eat blue cheese . .
10. With a spoon right out of the container
11. Sometimes I put the entire container in the microwave and use it as a dip for whatever chips I have on hand.
12. Melted over Nacho Cheese Doritos. Man, did that make the entire house stink! I had to put a candle in the microwave.
13. Rolled in a slice of pepperoni with a Frito on top.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants