Thursday, May 10, 2007

Lessons Learned

It was a learning day for me and Lucy yesterday. The first lesson I learned happened on the way to take Henry to school. Lucy had taken off her shoes and socks in the car, as usual, and was leaning forward to look at them on the floor beneath her. Henry and I realized at about the same moment that I had forgotten to strap her in! It was one of those slow motion moments where you see what's going to happen but you can't stop it. BOOM! Lucy leaned so far forward to look at her shoes that she tumbled head first out of her carseat. I think poor Henry was just as scared as Lucy screaming "STOP THE CAR!". I pulled over, rescued poor little Lucy who has never fallen so far in her short life and comforted Henry who is ever so protective of his baby sister. I'm not sure exactly what lesson I learned. Always strap Lucy in, of course. I'm sure I won't forget that one for awhile. Even Supermamas make Stupid mistakes. You would think after three kids I would at least have the carseat thing down.

Moving on to my second lesson. It was 80+ degrees yesterday and without central air I put Lucy down for her nap with only a diaper on. Knowing how adept she is at those little velcro straps on her shoes I should have known that those big diaper tabs would be no match for her. I went in to wake her up so we could leave to pick up Sam and found her on her tummy, knees tucked under her and cute little naked bottom up in the air. I wish I could have gotten a picture. She sat up, hair matted from the pee spot she had been sleeping in still looking as delicious as can be. I swear she is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Thank goodness she had pooped twice already before her nap.

1 comment:

Yaya said...

Bad day with a happy ending. (no pun intended) Pretty scary, I'm sure. The good thing is you won't make that mistake anytime soon.