Friday, August 15, 2008

Yard Sale

I'm stuck now. I posted neon signs all over my neighborhood that I'm having a "moving sale". I hate yard sales. Most people I know love them. Instead of blogging, I should be organizing my shit but I just can't get motivated. Do you think I could just charge a $2 admission and let people go through my house while I drink my coffee and take what they want?? It's got to be worth a lot just to get people to take my stuff away without me having to do anything.

We've pretty much got everything we need in the new house. The rest of this stuff is just a pain in my side. How did I end up with so much STUFF??!! I think I need to do some serious soul searching regarding this issue. The good thing is that I don't want to take any of it with me. The less the better.

We've had a couple of people that work for us come by and take what they want. I am so glad to give it to people we know that really want/need it but now my big ticket items are gone which means my yard sale is going to be pretty boring. Whatever. The kids will be in heaven to sell their stuff and I know our good, useful stuff has already gone to people who can really use it.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

oh, I am with you, I hate doing yard sales! I too have way too much stuff but I am making an effort to take at least one load per month to good will!

I love the admission idea! Sit back, drink your coffee and watch them haul it away!

Connie Dooley said...

Unique idea -- charging admission -- Greed might get the best of me, though, and I'd want to charge $5. Still, a bargain, especially for good junk.