Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day and Day 2 of Quantum Cleanse

Memorial Day

Memorial Day is a tough one for cleansing. However after reading all of the information about where my meat comes from on GoVeg.com it was not hard at all to resist the burgers and dogs.

I started the day with some herbal tea, gluten free cereal and soy milk. For lunch I snacked on potato chips, spicy hummus, fruits and veggies. We went to our neighbors for a Memorial Day feast and I passed on the meat and had a small serving of Orzo Salad (contained wheat) and Bacon Blue Cheese Potato Salad. I did eat a small amount of the bacon and blue cheese in the salad. Oh, and 1 glass of wine.

We are invited to another cookout tonight and I am taking the boys. I feel confident I can pass on any animal products, sugar or caffeine but am not sure about the gluten and alcohol. We shall see.

In honor of all the burgers eaten today I am including this video. Did you know that by drinking milk you are supported the veal industry? I didn't.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I didn't know that