Tuesday, August 28, 2007

J is for Juleah

I thought for days what I would do with J. All I could think of was Joy and Jesus for which I could not come up with anything that seemed from my heart.

So, J is for Juleah, my sister-in-law. I don't have any biological sisters so I do appreciate when a woman comes in to my life that I consider a sister. I have had best friends and a step-sister by marriage that I was extremely close to but, sadly, am not anymore. Juleah is a person that upon first meeting I dismissed as someone that I could never relate to. She was too young, too spoiled, too redneck, etc. I think she felt the same way about me but with different adjectives. To my absolute pleasure, I can say today that I was very wrong! I think we have both grown from that first day that we met and thus have been able to open our hearts to one another. She is a true delight. I love that we are different and can revel in those differences. I respect her as a mother and wife which are two of my big measuring sticks.

We cooked an entire "Brooks Family" Thanksgiving dinner together in 2006 and did not argue or disagree once. It was of the most enjoyable experiences I've ever had, as I love to cook. We slaved over the famous 'Brooks' dressing and baked two different coconut cream pies - hers had a little more coconut, mine had a little more vanilla. It was a memorable and bonding experience.

I can say, without question, that she is one of the (few) people if my life that I fully trust and love.

4 comments:

Juleah said...

I truly think that is the best post you have ever wrote (jokingly but also honestly). Thank you from the depths of my heart. You will never know how special it makes me feel to know that I am trusted by you. I agree that we have both grown into this love for one another, which I believe is more special than having it in the beginning. I have learned so much from our relationship and truly admire the person you are. I can't wait for the S's.

PS Sorry for the delete, I mispelled a word.

Juleah said...

I read this to Rod, since it touched me so deeply and his words were, "You can't get much sweeter than that" thank you again.

Connie Dooley said...

You both are very lucky. I see many happy gatherings in your future.

Connie Dooley said...

P.S. love the blue eye!