Saturday, December 19, 2009

First Snow


It's fucking freezing outside. Literally. I'm grumpy because Lucy was up at 6am for the third day in a row. I know someday I'll be able to sleep in as long as I want and instead I'll be getting up at 5am like Yaya. But today it's Saturday and I'd rather be in bed.

Despite my grumpiness, I have to admit it's lovely to wake up to our first snowfall. Too sweet to see the excitment on Lucy's face. Somewhat annoying that she wants to go make snow angels before it's fully light outside. Even more annoying that she wants me to go out too and keeps opening the g*damn door to ask.

Maybe Yaya's bah humbug attitude is catching. I don't feel like wrapping. I don't feel like cooking a big Christmas dinner. I don't feel like roasting chestnuts over an open fire. I don't feel like cleaning up dog shit which will surely appear because they dont want to go out in the snow. I do feel like getting the hell out of here and going shopping and perhaps getting snowed in while I'm at Target. Hmmmmmmm . . . .

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think there is a very keen resemblance to Ann Morgan in that sweet little Lucy. Is it the chin?

Get out of your funk,, Sarah Su. and send me a Christmas photo of your little darlings. PSC 1 Box 1621 APO, AE 09009.

The lake is frozen and there are boys out there playing hockey. I thought of Henry.

love all around. Merry Christmas.

Sarah in Disturbia said...

One of the first things I said after Lucy was born was that she looked like my Grandma Ann. Plus, she really is like a little old woman in little kid body. Lots of people have said that for various reasons. And I put your card in the mail a few days ago!

Connie Dooley said...

I hate to think that I'm the least bit contagious. The good news is that a funk is usually short-lived. Mine has pretty much disappeared. I think everyone is much happier:)

The snow looks lovely from a distance. And, yes, Lucy has always reminded me too of Ann.

Sarah in Disturbia said...

No you're not contagious. That's what people in a funk do. They blame other people. I think my funk has lifted as well!

Juleah said...

I can't wait for our first snow. My mom already bought sleds for our average one day out of the snow. There was an 80% chance of snow for Christmas day here, I was sooooooo excited but that has now been removed.....bummer:(

Anonymous said...

snow is like sex you don't know how long it will last and how many inches you will get