Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Did You Have Fun Today?

fun
I don't feel like I have that much fun in my daily life and I'm coming to realize, at the age of almost 37, that it's really important to have that FUN. Part of the problem might be that I don't remember having a whole lot of fun as a child. Most of my memories are of being sad, depressed and anxious. I'm sure I had some fun; It's just not the dominant memory. I witness my kids having fun all the time, often to my annoyance. "Calm down!", "Go outside!", "What's wrong with you?!" I often scream say.

My intention is to have some fun. Every day.

Today, as part of that intention, I stopped cleaning, folding laundry and surfing the net and found my 2 yr old daughter on the trampoline all by herself. It's quite impressive that she got up there all on her own. I joined her and jumped, layed on my back and belly at her instruction, looked at the beautiful trees and sky and it was fun.

2 comments:

Connie Dooley said...

That just sounds like fun. Good for you! Take your cues from your children. They have a lot to teach us.

Juleah said...

I feel this is one of the most important rules in life. I remember a post you once wrote, a quote from you "maybe I should jump on the bed and shake the stick out of my a**" I think that is one of my favorite quotes by you, it was one very funny and two so true to all of us adults. Sometimes we get so focused on our chores and training our kids that we forget to just let loose and have fun. It takes more energy but it surely revives the spirit.