Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

Ok, so I've been thinking about veganism for quite a long, long while. The idea came to me today to post about and ask for your favorite vegan things to eat. As I was thinking about that I turned on the Oprah episode I recorded today and it was all about veganism! I feel like vegan eating has been smacking me in the face for a very long time. Do you ever feel like the universe/God is beating you over the head with something that you conveniently choose to ignore?

To be clear, there are MANY messages God beats me over the head with. I'm choosing to focus on veganism today. And the message is much deeper than the food I'm putting in my mouth.

Why veganism for me? When I pay attention to where the meat I eat comes from I am repulsed. It's not worth it. Not only is it not necessary for my health, I truly believe it's detrimental. Why do I continue to eat meat. Selfish. Ego. Mindless behavior. That's the reason I participate in many, if not all, of my self destructive behaviors.

My initial thoughts about this post were to focus on vegan food that I, and/or you, truly enjoy. No one likes to eat something out of oblgation. I enjoy every bite of lightly steamed broccoli, seasoned with Bragg's Liquid Aminos, mixed with black beans and Seeds of Change Quinoa & Whole Grain Brown Rice w/garlic packet. I feel happy when I eat it. I don't feel deprived in the least. I love salad with Galeo's Miso Dijonnaise. I love guacamole with baked corn chips.

Please post about a vegan meal you love.

3 comments:

Juleah said...

Couldn't you have waited until after Costa Rica;) I think if I was vegan I would eats lots of baked potatoes and find all kinds of ways to dress it up. In fact, that's what's for lunch today at my house........baked potatoes with a chunky bacon and mushroom gravy. And pasta is always a best friend of mine. I guess I would turn to carbs and thick gravies and sauces, which I don't think would be much better for the body.

Connie Dooley said...

Chunked zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, onions, garlic, fresh tomatoes cooked in a skillet, seasoned like spaghetti sauce served over polenta. This is heavenly.

Sarah in Disturbia said...

I am still imagining the vegan lifestyle, not practicing. I made Pioneer Woman's meatloaf recipe the other night. It was so good I wanted to have a serious relationship with it. I have issues. Lots of em.