Wednesday, October 24, 2007

R is for Risk

What is your definition of RISK and when is the last time that you took one? Really took one. Of all the people that I know, Chad is the biggest risk taker. He goes forth with his ideas with full force and passion and seemingly has no concept of failure. At least if he does, it doesn't stop him. I am his biggest supporter, besides his mother. I am able to say now, after MUCH personal growth . . . . what is the worst that can happen? There is nothing that I can imagine that would be worse than not following your passion.

With that being said, what is my passion? I am passionate about my husband and children but that is obvious and easy. That is not a risk. Is there something out there that I really want to do but am not doing because I'm afraid to fail? Does there have to be more than I have now? ? Am I searching for something that isn't there?? I think that there is something more there to be discovered. I don't feel like I am empty but I do feel that I have great potential to do more and make a positive impact on others. I just need to figure out how to figure it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT?? "I am passionate about my husband and children but thats obvious and easy.."??? It is obvious that you feel that way but believe me, it is NOT easy to have and you are selling yourself short. I don't know where it comes from but we do have a tendency to think that contentment is "risky." It breeds boredom, no growth, dullness. I dont think thats true. I believe that contentment, or harmonious constancy (which I prefer to think of it in terms of) is truly a beautiful thing and something hard to achieve. If you have this, PLUS passion for your husband and children, then GOD BLESS. You are highly evolved and your family is blessed. You save the world one by one by one by one. You'd be amazed how quickly it multiplies. I love you, Sarah Su in Disturbia.