Sunday, June 10, 2007

Raccoon update

We still have raccoons getting into our trash at night but that is mostly our fault for not putting the lids on tightly, etc. However, I did hear through the neighborhood grapevine that soon after we had sent Mama and Daddy raccoon to the gas chamber three little, hungry baby raccoons appeared on the doorstep of my friend one block over. She called her neighbor who happens to be a stay-at-home dad and he apparently "took care of them" Soprano style. Poor raccoons. Just trying to live their little suburban life. Speaking of the Soprano's, I will watch the season finale tonight although I haven't been keeping up.

On another note, I have been reading Echkart Tolle's most recent book, A New Earth, and it is very good. I hope to share some of it soon. He shows how transcending our ego-based state of consciousness is not only essential to personal happiness, but also the key to ending conflict and suffering throughout the world. It's fascinating and thought provoking and I would love to discuss it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I saw a white rat (?) scampering down the street this morning. I guess someone's pet got out. A tasty morsel for a neighborhood cat. The cycle of life. Sounds like your Soprano neighbor handed you a more exciting finish than the season finale. A big crescendo of nothing is what I'm reading. Not that I've been a fan or follower -- but I guess the cult is in an uproar. On the other hand, The Shaggy Do, which I actually watched last night, came to its rightful conclusion.